[Gears] Road Bike and Accessories

[Note] This blog is not affiliated with any 3rd party. To support my posts, please subscribe to my YouTube channel and watch/like my travel videos.

Biking is a great exercise in the summer. In this post I am going to talk about what bike to choose and what accessories to get.

#1 What kind of Bike do I choose?

REI is a good resource to help you to decide what bike to choose. Nowadays gravel bike is a popular choice. It allows you to choose  a variety of trails to ride on. So for most people, a gravel bike is a great choice.

#2 Which Gravel Bike do I buy?

I have two of my personal favorites, and they both can be ridden more in an upright position which is more comfortable for me.

- Specialized Sirrus X


-Cannondale Topstone 1 Alloy Bike


#3 What Rack do I use for my car?

First make sure you have trailer hitch installed and that is the best way to mount bikes on. Next best hitch bike rack I used is 1Up. Choose one of the racks and I recommend choose Single, and add add-ons when needed. This is because Single rack does not block your trunk door. So basically you can leave the rack on all the time (except for carwash).

#4 Do I need a bell?

Not everyone wants a bike bell but it is great for safety when shouting "on your left" becomes tedious. Best bell is this one - Spurcycle Original Bike Bell. Once you use it you will understand why.

#5 What are the other accessories? 

My favorite bottle cage is Topeak Water Bottle Cage. Easy to adjust and you can put a normals spring water plastic bottle in there or your own bottle.

I don't have a pick for bike front and rear light but there are many on Amazon you can choose.


Comments